You can book an appointment in several ways:
- at reception
- by telephone 01926 859955-option 2
- online by using your EMIS online account-please register for this
Most appointments are 10mins for a GP or nurse.
Some nursing appointments and health checks will take longer.
We have some pre-bookable appointments each day but most appointments are available on the day.
Telephone appointments are 5 minutes and are bookable in advance.
These can be dealt with by a telephone call or appointment with a doctor or nurse.
If your problem is urgent please explain this to the receptionist who will book you in for a return call or appointment.
HOW DO I OBTAIN TELEPHONE ADVICE ?
The doctors are able to take brief telephone calls in the mornings. If you wish to speak to a doctor please book a telephone appointment with reception.The doctor will return your call on the day requested.
Please ensure you will be available on the number you give as the doctor will not have time to repeatedly try to contact you.
Telephone Appointments at Abbey Medical Centre
We are able to offer telephone appointments every day with all doctors at Abbey Medical Centre.
The appointments may be particularly useful in the following situations:
· For blood test or x-ray results
· If you which to discuss a consultant letter
· Medical advice when you do not need to see a doctor for example: simple urine infections, thrush, diarrhoea & vomiting
· Medication reviews
Our practice nurses also offer telephone appointments, for example:
· For cholesterol and diet advice
· Telephone asthma checks
For more information please speak to reception or telephone: 01926 859955 for an appointment