Welcome to Abbey Medical Centre
- During this time we will NOT be able to process routine prescriptions.
- There will be no EPS (Electronic Prescription Service) to send your prescription to the chemist.
- You will not be able to access the Online ordering of prescriptions or booking appointments.
So what do you need to do and how can you help?
During this time prescription requests will take a little longer to process than normal - please allow us plenty of time for your prescriptions.
From the beginning of July we will be "doubling your prescription" i.e. issuing enough medication for two months if you only usually receive one month at a time - this is to ensure you do not need a prescription during our "computer down time".
Online services ie, ordering prescriptions and booking appointments will not be available with our current system - Vision Online Service (VOS) after 24th July 2015, you will need to re-register for the online services for EMIS Web after 4th August 2015. This service is called Patient Access
To do this we need you to bring into surgery:
- Proof of ID - only acceptable in the form of a valid Passport, Photo Driving Licence or ID Card
- Proof of address is only acceptable in the form of - Bank Statement, Utility Bill, Council Tax
- And provide your email address again.
Our local pharmacies are aware of all the above information. We appreciate your support and understanding during this time. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience caused. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask our Reception Team.
More information about the computer change will be issued through our Patient Participation Group Newsletter. To join the Newsletter mailing list, click here.
IMPORTANT CHANGES TO OUR COMPUTER SYSTEM WHICH MAY EFFECT YOUR PRESCRIPTIONS AND APPOINTMENTS - FOR FULL DETAILS PLEASE CLICK HERE
Friends and Family Quick Survey
Please help us improve our services by completing our short survey. Click on the link below - see under 'On-Line Services (top row middle icon)
Named GP Find out who your named GP is by clicking on the 'Named GP' link. All Patients have now been alphabetically allocated a named GP.
(Site updated 02/07/2015)